pCloud Premium

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kirk Franklin - I Like Me

I was flipping through the channels and I came across Kirk Franklin on BET's "106 & Park Presents: Gospel Explosion" where he was performing "I Like Me", (by the way, I understand if BET wants to expand the 106 & Park brand, but why don't they just call the show 106 & Gospel??)

Its been a few years since Kirk Franklin's hip hop driven gospel style first appeared on R&B radio in the mid 90's with "The Reason Why I Sing", then crossing over to pop radio in 1997 with the gospel anthem "Stomp", but this little dude from Texas is still producing hits.

The cool thing about Kirk Franklin is that even though he is almost 40 years old, he is still making songs that appeals to younger gospel fans, (is it me or does "I Like Me" sounds a little bit like Lil Mama's "Lip Gloss" ?)

Kirk Franklin- I Like Me


The Fight of My Life

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It DOES!!!