pCloud Premium

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bryant Gumble Annouces he Had Lung Cancer on Regis & Kelly

(Via Cubuzz)

Bryant Gumbel is being treated for lung cancer, the former Former Today show anchor explained on Live! With Regis & Kelly Tuesday morning, after being asked to dance.

The sportscaster and TV host, 61, said that he had surgery last month to remove a malignant tumor in his chest. According to Gumbel, part of his lung was removed, and he will be seeing his surgeon next week.

“They opened up my chest; they took a malignant tumor, part of my lung and some other goodies,” he said. “The pathology on most of the stuff came back benign but enough aggressive cells had escaped the tumor that it warranted some treatment.”

“We had told a few people, we told my family, obviously. I even kept it from my staff at Real Sports. So I’m okay for the time being,” he said. “I’m hoping they greenlight me to play golf again.”

No comments: