pCloud Premium

Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

CNN: Catching Up With Jill Scott (Interview)




The talented Jill Scott popped up on CNN to promote her latest effort, "Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married Too".

However the the beloved New Soul artist hs been catching some flack latetly for the comment on interacial relationships to Essence Magazine:

“My new friend is handsome, African-American, intelligent and seemingly wealthy. He is an athlete, loves his momma, and is happily married to a White woman. I admit when I saw his wedding ring, I privately hoped. But something in me just knew he didn’t marry a sister. Although my guess hit the mark, when my friend told me his wife was indeed Caucasian, I felt my spirit…wince….”

Is Jill wrong for experessing her views honestly or does she come across a bit narrow minded?

Let's chat!

No comments: