pCloud Premium

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Who Knew? Lupe Fiasco Made Nothin' On You with Bruno Mars First! ( Original Version)

Lupe Fiasco with Girlfriends' Tracey Ellis Ross

Producer Jim Jonsin MTV News told that Bruno Mars production team The Smeezingtons production of Nothin on You"  was originally meant for Lupe Fiasco.
 “I was actually working on a session in Chung King [Studios], and [Atlantic Records chairman] Craig Kallman called me during that session with that particular track, to work on it for Lupe Fiasco,” Jonsin told MTV News. “I told Craig, ‘I like the song a lot. It’s a smash and could be somebody’s single. But it’s not Lupe’s record. I need this record for B.o.B. Please give this record to B.o.B.’ I guess they went through whoever they went through, convinced whoever they needed to, and it got to B.o.B.”" (quote via Rap Radar)

In a Complex Magazine article, Bruno Mars said "So, Me, Phil & Ari [of Bruno's production crew, The Smeezingtons] did the track and we submitted it to Atlantic Records and they asked us, ‘What do you think about B.o.B on this?’ I was like, ‘Perfect, let’s see what happens" 

Which version do you like?




Bobby Ray's Version

No comments: