pCloud Premium

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Glee's Dianna Agron Responds to GQ Photos Controversy

On her blog "Dianna Agron, but you can call me Charlie" , Dianna Agron( Quinn) reponds to the criticisms GQ photo shoot, which also included castmates Corey Monteith and Lea Michele:

" I’d like to start by saying that these are solely my thoughts on the November issue of GQ and the controversy that has surrounded its release. I am not a representative of the three of us, the show, or Fox, only myself.


In the land of Madonna, Britney, Miley, Gossip Girl, other public figures and shows that have pushed the envelope and challenged the levels of comfort in their viewers and fans…we are not the first. Now, in perpetuating the type of images that evoke these kind of emotions, I am sorry. If you are hurt or these photos make you uncomfortable, it was never our intention. And if your eight-year-old has a copy of our GQ cover in hand, again I am sorry. But I would have to ask, how on earth did it get there?

....I am twenty-four years old. I have been a pretty tame and easy-going girl my whole life. Nobody is perfect, and these photos do not represent who I am. I am also not the girl who rolls out of bed with flawless makeup and couture clothing. I am most comfortable with my hair thrown on top of my head, in sweats, laughing with my friends. Glee is a show that represents the underdogs, which is a feeling I have embraced much of my own life, and to those viewers, the photos in GQ don’t give them that same feeling. I understand completely.

"....For the record, I don’t personally have any problem with the raciness of these photos. The thing that irks me is that the women in these photos were made to strip down to their bras and panties so that they could hang on the sole guy in the photos — who is not only fully dressed, but dressed in LAYERS of clothing. While I understand that GQ is a men’s magazine, it just seems skeevy (and sadly typical) that the women have to be stripped down and sexualized while the guy stands fully dressed in the middle with a big smile on his face. But, again, these are my personal opinions."

Read the full post here: http://felldowntherabbithole.tumblr.com/post/1362746026

No comments: