pCloud Premium

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Lea Michele Should Be Praised Not Criticized For Cosmopolitan Cover

OK, I knew things were out of hand when people were up in arms about Lea's October 2010 GQ spread with Glee co-stars Dianna Agron and Cory Monteith, but this is going too far.

Zap2It reported that Fox News" found some moms who are absolutely appalled by the photos. The parents claim that because Michele plays a high school "good girl" on TV, she should uphold that image off-screen as well."

I figured that after the GQ incident, some of these appalled moms should have remembered that Lea Michele is a 24 year old woman, not a”good girl” in high school. Since that didn't work, here's a different approach.

Even though Jennifer Love Hewitt was in the "Ghost Whisperer", she really didn't talk to ghosts talk..she was acting, just like Ms. Michele.

Rachel Berry is a character in high school who is talented and annoying.


Lea is a real-life grown woman who is talented and sexy.

Who cares if she wore a plunging neckline on the Cosmo cover?

I see more skin in a Victoria's Secret's catalog.

Instead of jumping on Lea Michele, she should really be praised.

Praised for not going to rehab or getting arrested every few months.

Praised for not making a sex tape and then spinning that into 20 reality shows on cable.

And most importantly...

Praised for becoming successful by not looking like the stereotypical girl next door.

 A few months ago in Marie Claire UK Magazine, Lea Michele said:

I grew up in a community where what I looked like wasn’t considered beautiful and then I work on this show that proves it doesn’t matter what you look like, beauty is on the inside. Now when people say that [I'm beautiful], I don’t feel like they’re lying. ‘Glee’ has shown me that I am beautiful, that I can be beautiful no matter what I look like, what my weight is."

Even in the March Cosmo Magazine, Michele talks about being a“stable-relationship junkie" with her boyfriend and being "thankful" for not getting a nose job, which is especially encouraging since so many high school girls are getting plastic surgery these days.


Maybe these outraged moms should consider Lea Michele's words before going crazy her next photo spread.



No comments: