pCloud Premium

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Erykah Badu Talks 2Pac & New Album With Gorillaz

(Via Wall Street Jorunal)

How soon can we expect more new music from you? And how much will you be touring for the material you just released?

Man, I do not know. I wish I could write like Tupac, but I can’t. I do this because of what I feel and what I see and what I’ve experienced and what I desire. And other than that, it’s a downloading period – I’m just learning and growing and listening and feeling. And when it comes out, it comes out like a volcano. That’s how it works for me; time has no bearing – I don’t know how much time passes in between [albums]. It’s just that I’m primarily a performance artist – that’s how I make my money. I don’t make my money selling albums at all. But it’s my pleasure to be able to perfect something like that and do it.

What’s happening next for you?
I’m making an album right now with a guy named Flying Lotus. I’m working on a project with The Gorillaz. I’m always doing something. It doesn’t always make headlines, but I’m always making art – always. I deliver babies. That’s what I do – that’s the art that I’m focusing on right now for the most part. I’m a midwife.

Read more

No comments: