pCloud Premium

Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

Lupe Fiasco New Track Samples T.R.OY....Pete Rock Not Too Happy on Twitter



Late this evening Lupe Fiasco dropped a new single,"Around My Way [Freedom Ain't Free]".

The hard hitting single has quickly become a favorite of Lupe fans whom have been waiting for new music since "Lasers".

Unfortunately, one person who is not pleased is producer Pete Rock for whom Lupe sampled Rock's classic track with C.L. Smooth "The Reminisce Over You.

 Here's some of Pete Rock's thoughts from Twitter"

TheRealPeteRock ‏@PeteRock

No disrespect to lupe fiasco and i like him alot but TROY should be left alone. Feel so violated,the beat is next to my heart and was made

This business can be so lame, sometimes I make beats blindfolded with one hand tied behind my back and still these cats can't be original to


Who ever Re-created that didn't do a good job @ all. #nohate

Man I'm a lupe fan and everything but TROY was my homie man. I think about him and Hev every fucking day!!!! Smh

It's so hard for folks to make original music, I possess that, but these dudes are scared of that and this is supposed to be HIP HOP?


Pete Rock's rant went on for a while but then he said:

And y'all need to stop the childish games, I'm a fan of lupe and he is a great artist and a great person.

But dude, you're the one who started with the rant in the first place.

 Its like when you have friend you hates their spouse, but when you say how horrible that person is they say, "hey man you can't say that"....what??? But I feel Pete Rock.

T.R.O.Y is one the greatest hip hop songs of all time, so I can only imagine how he feels when someone jacks it.

What do you think?

 Do you think Pete Rock had a right to gripe?

 How did you like Lupe's new track and finally do you agree with some Twitter folks who say Lupe's track allows younger fans to hear a sample that otherwise they might now have ever heard, just like how Pete Rock used to sample horns back in the day?

No comments: