pCloud Premium

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Jacksons on Fallon: MJ's ‘Motown 25’ Jacket Came from Mom’s Closet?!?!




While on the Late Night with Jimmy Fallon promoting the Jackson's Unity show at The Apollo, Jermaine dropped a bomb that even The Roots' Questlove didn't know that the black sparkly sequined jacket Michael wore performing "Billie Jean "on Motown 25" where he debuted the Moonwalk was actually from their mom Katherine's closet?!?!


Jermaine:  “He didn’t know what he was gonna wear so he went to my mother’s closet... she had this shiny thing that she wore, this black sequin thing and he said, ‘I like that. Can I wear it on the show?’ “That’s what he did the moonwalk in… That was my mother’s throw.”


The only thing more shocking  than that unbelievable piece of music history was how much Marlon Jackson was talking. It was as if he took all that frustration from being in the background and said "This is my time to shine and I don't care if I shut all of y'all out during this interview, including you Tito!"






More from the Jackson/Fallon interview

No comments: