pCloud Premium

Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2012

True Blood Season 5, Episode 11 Song: Little Stevie Wonder "Sunset"

Sunset (Single Version - Mono)

So there I was watching the "Sunset" episode of True Blood as Russell Edgington was on his way to fairy-land, when the ending credits song boomed onto my speakers.

The wail of the singer was so soulful, I though it was sung by woman today singing like she was from the 1960's.

However, when I used my handy Shazam app to find out what this great new song was, I found out three things:

1.) The person singing wasn't woman singing. 2) It was really from the 1960's 3.) The singer was Stevie Wonder when he was a kid!!!!

Back in 1962, Stevie Wonder co-wrote "Sunset" on his tribute album Uncle Ray"(Charles).

As great as Stevie Wonder is, I sometimes forget how great he was before puberty hit!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was haunted by the song all week. The end credit music is the remaining reason to watch True Blood now that it's gone completely baroque and unfocused.
Finally found Sunset...also shocked that it was a male singer. Bought a download of the song....then the Mowtown compilation it's on. Not cheap, but classic.
Thanks