pCloud Premium

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2012

I Love That Song! Simply Red - Sunrise



Every weekend I would hear this song on the radio and the DJ would never say who it was.

The track sampled Hall and Oates "I Can't Go For That" with another sampled, but since I'm usually driving when the comes on, I couldn't use my handy Shazam app to figure it out.

Thank you Google.

Since I was on mission to find out who made this song, I remembered some of the lyrics and afterwards, so I typed in forever, how long along with Hall and Oates sample into Google and presto!

I found out the song was called "Sunrise" and it was made by Simply Red in 2003!!

Who knew?

While "Sunrise" does sample Hall & Oates, the forever and how long part comes from the
song "How Long" by Ace, which was made in the 70s.

I don't remember Simply Red's "Sunrise" being a hit hear in the U.S. back in 2003, but the fact that I still hear it today means people still love it.


When was the last time you came across a song that you love, but the DJ would never say what it is? What was song?


Lyrics
As I look into your eyes I see the sunrise
The light behind your face helps me realise

Will we sleep and sometimes love until the moon shines
Maybe the next time Ill be yours and maybe youll be mine

I dont know if its even in your mind at all
It could be me
At this moment in time
Is it in your mind at all
It should be me, it could be me
Forever

Wandering through life will love come home to you
And the love you want forever, will they be true to you

Will we sleep and sometimes love until the moon shines
Maybe the next time Ill be yours and maybe youll be mine

I dont know if its even in your mind at all
It could be me
At this moment in time
Loves indescribable
It should be me, it could be me
Forever

Easy, ready, willing, over time
Where does it stop where do you dare me to draw the line
Youve got the body now you want my soul
Dont even think about it say no go


No comments: