pCloud Premium

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Write a Caption: Geno Auriemma Pats Kim Mulkey on the Backside


(Via Yahoo)

AP photographer Jessica Hill captured a shot of UConn coach Geno Auriemma patting Baylor coach Kim Mulkey on the backside before the start of the Bears' impressive 76-70 road victory. Everything about the photo is memorable, from Mulkey's stance, to Auriemma's laser focus, to the giggling assistant coaches in the background.

Thankfully, the Connecticut Post's Rich Elliott asked Auriemma about the exchange after the game and got an explanation for the unusual scene. Auriemma clarified it was a lighthearted, harmless moment between two longtime friends.

"She was staring at my butt and she was commenting on it and I said, ‘Really? How about yours?’" Auriemma told the Post. "She went, `Yeah, look at it,’ and I went (slap), 'I’ll teach you a lesson.' And then she started talking about how she only dated Italians her whole life and that she wanted me to set her up with some Italians and I said `The Italians I send to see you aren’t going to date you.’ We’ve had a long and great relationship since, gosh, she was an assistant at Louisiana Tech. It goes back a long ways."

Read more

No comments: